30 Mar Letter from AWCI WA President and Executive Committee
Dear Valued Member,
In light of the current COVID-19 Pandemic, the AWCI WA Executive Committee and I thought it appropriate to update you on what has been decided in regards to upcoming events and also how we can assist our members at this time.
This week we held an Executive Committee meeting via Zoom and the focus was on how we, as an association can do our part. The right thing to do is sometimes a difficult decision but we have unanimously decided that:
- Golf Day, May 8th will be cancelled, with the hope to reschedule March 2021. Refunds will be made available next week for those who have already purchased tickets.
- Apprentice of the Year, will be postponed to September 2020, date to be confirmed. We will still be taking nominations for the event as we understand its importance to both our apprentices and industry.
- Upcoming training will be postponed (Dry lining and Passive Fire Course’s)
- Southwest Sundowner, May 1st to be postponed to a date later in the year.
- Awards of Excellence Dinner, at this stage will stand on the 15th August, but we may cancel in the coming months. If this event is cancelled, we will still showcase entrant’s work, but the judging and winner announcement will have to be in a different format.
We understand and feel how much this situation is complicating everything at the moment, but the AWCI WA is here to help.
- Belinda is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to answer calls and emails, if there is anything you require assistance with your business then reach out and we will assist you.
- Video meetings are available.
- As members you can access 15 minutes free legal call with lawyers Landers and Rogers.
- We are working on a passive fire course webinar.
- Our newsletters (as usual) will be full of interesting and up to date information specific to our industry.
- MBA discounts are still on offer for yourself and your staff with Telstra, HBF, Kleenheat Gas, Caltex, Office Works, every saving you can get helps especially now. Call Belinda for more details.
Please know our thoughts are with you all at this difficult time and we too are unsure of how this will all pan out, as things are changing drastically day by day.
Rachel McMahon – AWCI WA President
and the AWCI WA Executive Committee